Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Cheeseblarg takes Manhattan.

The bad news: Despite all the wonderful people willing to back me with a total of $974 (plus $40 more sent directly to me) and the news story on me by my local news station (thanks Marnee!), I did not meet my goal amount on Kickstarter in time and all of the pledges were canceled.

The good news: Thanks to Kelly providing a ticket for me, I was able to convince my darling mother that it would be a travesty of justice if I didn't get to go to New York City for my debut art show there, and she begrudgingly agreed to accompany me and eat Greek food* and pay for what I couldn't at this point using her credit, which is thankfully better than mine.

The bad news: I may very well be an indentured servant for the rest of my life until I pay off this trip so all of my posts will be about washing dishes and crying from now on.

The good news: "Cheeseblarg Takes Manhattan" is still on!

Artist's rendering of self in NYC


If anyone would like to take advantage of the rewards below, still, your money will go directly to the trip/project and your art will be delivered in the time windows indicated, just like before. 







GIVE $1 OR MORE



A digital donation badge featuring art from the "Cheeseblarg Takes Manhattan" series.
Estimated Delivery: Nov 2011

GIVE $10 OR MORE



A postcard from the "Cheeseblarg Takes Manhattan" series.
Estimated Delivery: Dec 2011

GIVE $25 OR MORE



A postcard and mini print from the "Cheeseblarg Takes Manhattan" series.
Estimated Delivery: Dec 2011

GIVE $50 OR MORE



A 12" signed print from the "Cheeseblarg Takes Manhattan" series (of your choice).
Estimated Delivery: Dec 2011

GIVE  $75 OR MORE



A 12" signed print from the "Cheeseblarg Takes Manhattan" series (of your choice), plus a postcard and mini print from the series.
Estimated Delivery: Dec 2011

GIVE  $200 OR MORE


One signed museum quality giclee print (of your choice) from the "Cheeseblarg Takes Manhattan" series up to 24 inches.
Estimated Delivery: Dec 2011
BACKER REPORT

GIVE  $1,000 OR MORE



A set of limited edition signed museum quality giclee prints from "Cheeseblarg Takes Manhattan" series. (approximately 10" each- 200 in edition- set includes 5 or more prints)
Estimated Delivery: Jan 2012




Please be sure to include your address so your art can be sent to you!
And thank you again, for all your support!




I will be blogging at least once from New York, and will be updating the Facebook page and twitter with pictures and stuff.  I leave Monday. Any New Yorkers (or localy people) are welcome to come to meet me at art show Monday night (will post time I'll be there on facebook or twitter). I promise I'll try not to throw up on you.

*and Indian food, and German food, and Katz's Deli, and whatever street food we can get our hands on... ad nauseum.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you. If I had more than $10 available to pass out to random strangers, I'd LOVE to be able to help more... But, the children still need to eat, and I like my house and would like to be able to remain in it for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kellers- You are awesome and I super appreciate your help, regardless of the amount. I can always send you guys leftovers of whatever street food we don't finish on our trip, if that helps though. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No chance of setting up a quick account at a bank and letting people donate directly into that account or something? At a nationwide one?

    I dunno, sorry random idea.

    I can't wait to see all the pictures of you being awesome and artsy!! Hope the inspiration comes to the show!

    If I win the lottery, I'll buy you out of your servitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am *so* looking forward to the dishwashing posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Money sent! I can't wait to get my picture :D
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWEET! You can't keep a good blogger down :-) Now - go take New York!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...