Monday, April 25, 2011

Bring out your dead!

I tried to fix my camera and ended up killing it.
I am usually good at everything and can fix anything given basic instructions, but, I might as well have had hammers for hands when attempting this repair.






I have a newfound respect for camera repair people because, while I did manage to avoid breaking down into to tears while trying, for 30 minutes, to get the 3rd of 5 orange cables back into its tiny silver toothed home after possibly successfully replacing the LCD screen (that I broke by dropping it), I did not avoid yelling "GET IN YOUR HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! AUGH!!!" or wishing everything and everyone dead in exchange for it JUST GETTING IN THERE, about the time when the black bar that snuggly holds the evil orange cable in place snapped off in my hand (or well, at the end of my finger because it was not even as wide as my finger and about the width of three hairs- and it was the biggest of the 5) and then snapped in half after that, as I delicately tried to put in back in to the almost microscopic hole it popped out of on my 40th attempt to get the damned cable back in.



So my adorable pink camera who served me well for almost 5 years is caput.  My friend was kind enough to procure me a new one so I could continue the photographic work I was doing with the now-dead one (see my cooking site), but I would like to be able to pay him back for it, so if anyone needs some llamas drawn for them (and is willing to exchange monetary credits for said drawing), let me know.


AND, a challenge.  Peep horror movie scenes… see Cheeseblarg’s Facebook Page for details!

16 comments:

  1. I know this 'hammers for hands' feeling all too well. My condolences to your pink cam. RIP. And to my smashed iPod that never stood a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see "Psycho" peeps. So many fun scenes to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd try brain surgery before I'd try camera repair. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man...a FOODIE blog...looks, delicious! :D

    I know how you feel about 'killing' the camera...I am great at taking things apart, and horrible at putting them back together (or fixing them).

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you're a trier, Im a trier too (although with a marked lack of sucess). I wrote a post once with the title 'I am not a plumber' but it could have been called I am not any mumber of things. Who knows, one day maybe I will find something that I am, Meanwhile it keeps me amused and the kids scared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the bright side, a 5-year-old camera is way out of date. Even a cheap $100 camera today will blow it out of the water. On the less-bright side, that still costs money. Back on the bright side, where's the "donate" button? I'd gladly give $1 to this worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Alan, I've added one in your honor- on the sidebar, and thank you! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun description of a VERY frustrating process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :/ my two year old put my camera in the fish tank..it has been in a jink pile with other miscellaneous crap for about three months...and then all of a sudden, yesterday my husband got a hair up his butt to see if it worked...and it did! kinda spooky...the camera that wouldn't die.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your camera :( speaking of llamas, this made me think of you: http://llamafont.com/
    try it out..tis' amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my word. i came over to tell you about llama font, and also to ask if it was you (the llamafont thing)... being sneaky or something... and here i am late to the game... well played juliet.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is your title from Monty Python by any chance? :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Eden - all signs point to YES. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. At this last day of week here, and reading your post made me laugh.

    I am sorry for the camera. If I were you, I wouldn’t dare touching it. Of course I am the handyman (or should I say handy-girl) at my home doing every little bits of works but surely wouldn’t dare doing THAT!!!
    Take it like this your cam is reincarnated and is now in your hands. Looking forward to your new uploads. :-D

    Oh my God!!! I loved this llama font. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor camera. Have you considered a burial? That's what I did to my poor deceased laptop, Jack. Buried under a mountain of pure stuff in my living room...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...