Monday, November 28, 2011

How to tell if someone is depressed, or maybe a hipster.


I couldn't be bothered to put on pants today to leave the house.

I don't mean I went out buck-assed naked on the bottom half, I just couldn't be bothered to put on ACTUAL pants to leave the house today.  Nor a bra.

I was just going to pick my nephew up from school and knew I was not getting out of my car (unless it somehow exploded into flames or something), so I think I am still safe.  When I start walking around in public wearing pajama pants and an old shirt with no bra, it is probably time for medication.

Although, one time, when I was in college, I decided that I would wear my flannel pajama top with a pair of jeans because it was cold out and I thought the top was cute.  I ended up at the health clinic and a lovely, but very concerned doctor tried to diagnose me with depression.  I assured him I had a raging case of weirdness, but that I had not giving up on life because I made ill-advised fashion choices.

It's the bra, really.  As long as someone who needs it is wearing a bra or some sort of chestal support with non-sexy clothing , I am willing to believe that they still have some sort of hold on their sanity. As long as the bra is worn as prescribed, of course.  It doesn't count if it is on the outside of their clothes, or on their head.  And even that can be argued for the sake of fashion, I suppose. I really don't know how to gauge it for people who don't need bras. Not brushing their hair? Wearing sweatpants to work when their job does not involve working out in cold climates? Am I just describing hipsters now?


13 comments:

  1. Not wearing a bra is incredibly uncomfortable for time periods of more than a few minutes when up and about... for me at least. I like the bra... I have no desire to burn it...evar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just gonna say...my boobies hurt with out a bra on. I just fell unsupported. And that makes me depressed;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask em what they think of skinnyjeans. If they say anything other than "Go die," then my friend, you've got yourself a hipster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks a little like me. Especially if that's a nursing bra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't go anywhere without wearing a bra so I guess I haven't given up yet. Though I did spend today wearing my sweatpants and pigtails...are pigtails hipster?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still not sure that this has to be an OR choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bra on the outside, although I may have gone with crocs for the picture...nasty things. I can't stand the sight of them.

    I think the rules may not apply if you're in college. Messy hair, men's sweaters and pyjama bottoms appear to be part of the dresscode.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately after nursing 5 children, if I don't support the ladies I'll trip on them.

    Don't know what that's called.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first I kind of freaked out a little because according you your picture, I have a hipster haircut. Then I remembered that I don't leave the house in sweatpants so I think I am safe. As for the bra? I hate it when they swing. I don't go without.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been reprimanded for wearing pajama pant to the office before. It was purely out of laziness, not depression so I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My boobs are so small I can get away without wearing a bra sometimes... because no one notices a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always need a bra, unless you are anticipating surgery. BTW, I didn't immediately recognize that as a bra, as mine have much more in common with medieval armor than that cute little dental-floss get up. The backs of mine are more substantial that that! I'm sad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...