Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super (Nom) Bowl

This is REALLY how I view the Super Bowl every year.  I don't hate football, but I do love eating ridiculous foods that I only feel justified in making a few times a year, as well as watching funny commercials. I am more than willing to put up with the football part of the event to reap the joy of these two SUPER bonuses.



Each year I look forward to finding out who is in the Super Bowl, though I don't watch any other games, JUST so I can figure out what kind of food I will get to make (as I make my spread match the cities of the playing teams).  This year it is pizza dip (as well as a few other New Yorkish Dips from the same site) and Lobster Rolls (made with 2 sad little lobster tails 'cause they were on sale and we needed to budget for the month) and Shrimp Skewers.

And now I am going to finish cooking it all and then eat it, while watching commercials to see which company wins this year.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to conquer a block of cheese for my superbowl this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm celebrating Super Bowl by watching old Dr. Who episodes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch it but you might like this it goes with the whole superbowl and food theme :P http://www.jockular.com/13098/how-to-know-youve-walking-into-the-super-bowl-party-of-an-insane-person

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and now I want Lobster Rolls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...