Sunday, October 14, 2012

Now Make Like a Tree and Get Out of Here.


I don't know what kind of internet shitbowl thinks it is awesome to try to trick people into thinking that TODAY is the day that Marty McFly time traveled into the future.

I've covered this before in my ranty Back to the Future post entitled "Great Scott" but I'll say it again:

Marty McFly visited October 21, 2015.

I told someone that today when he claimed that today, my 13th wedding anniversary is the day "Marty Went To." In response to my correction, he linked me to this:




  • First of all, that is a picture of Marty McFly in 1955.
  • Second of all, YOU'RE A STUPID ASSHOLE. I just TOLD YOU what day Marty McFly went to. I even doubled checked by going to a Back to the Future Wiki because you shouldn't correct people when you are not right. 
  • Lastly, you need to have your internets taken away permanently, because you don't know how they work.




The point is, I could likely make that time circuit readout read "YOUR MOM" and it wouldn't mean that Marty McFly traveled to your mom. It means that people on the internet are shit strainers and like to trick people into making me angry.

This image is photoshopped. Marty McFly never went to your mom.

10 comments:

  1. The internet is making me stabby today, too. I just went to find a My Little Pony fan vid (shut up) on YouTube and fell down a wormhole of Men's Rights Activist videos instead, because the maker of the fan video linked to an appalling MRA screed on rape jokes, support of. Because cartoons for young girls and grown men bullying women just go hand in hand, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ridiculous. Everyone know the day Marty went to was last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I have to send this to my brother who watched out for those "yibians" over...and over...and over...with his little matchbox delorean! Hope your day gets less stabby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess technically Marty went to his mom.
    I will bookmark this post for several reasons:
    1.) So I can remember the exact date that he does travel to and be ready.
    2.) Because the truth matters, no matter what it is and it is absolutely crazy-making that people will mindlessly repeat things they read/hear/see on the internet as if they were fact without ever questioning. That and the misuse of apostrophes.
    3.) It is refreshing to know I am not just one lone curmudgeon barking at people for saying ridiculous things and forwarding snopes.com links to people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you know?? maybe Marty went to my mom and you just don't know it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SOOOO glad you posted this! This prank went around a few months ago too, and my local radio station shared it (they apparently don't know much about BTTF) and I was yelling at the radio, "No, he didn't! That's WRONG!" And, yes, I texted in to correct them. It's possible I'm being a Obscure Movie Trivia Nazi, but Marty and Doc Brown hold a special place in my heart and I will not let them be slandered! And whenever my fb friends share it, I delight in pointing out the truth so they know just how gullible they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't shared this with Husband yet, because I'm afraid it might send him off into yet another BTTF tirade. His response would be similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL this is hilarious. A picture is worth a thousand words... and this one says "ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SOURCES, DIMWIT" in all caps, two hundred times in a row. =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...